Dental Implants – Uptown New Orleans, LA
Permanent, Comprehensive Tooth Replacements
If you’ve lost a tooth or two, you already realize that those gaps can alter how your smile appears, but did you realize that there are other health issues that come along with tooth loss? The other teeth can spread out to compensate for the gap, increasing the likelihood of jaw pain, headaches, and inefficient chewing for digestion. Also, when a tooth’s root is gone, the body sends the nutrients that went to the supporting jawbone elsewhere. This weakens the jawbone and support that the remaining teeth have, potentially leading to additional tooth loss. The good news is that Dr. Camenzuli offers dental implants in Uptown New Orleans, LA, which replaces the tooth structure in its entirety. Want to learn more about dental implants? Contact our Uptown New Orleans dental office, and we’ll schedule a consultation for you.
Why Choose Camenzuli Dental Excellence for Dental Implants?
- Dental Implant Placement & Restoration Performed In-House
- Flexible Financing Options Available
- Dentist Is a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is the most comprehensive solution for replacing missing teeth. Instead of just replacing the crown, or top portion of the tooth, dental implants go deeper than the surface. Using biocompatible titanium and porcelain prosthetic materials, we can recreate the missing tooth from root to crown. By replicating the tooth’s structure and integrating with the jawbone, a dental implant is able to resolve virtually every problem that tooth loss brings.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
Many other dental offices have to refer patients to a specialist for the complex placement procedure, but that’s not the case here at Camenzuli Dental Excellence. You won’t have to worry about going to another dental office because Dr. Camenzuli can perform every step of the dental implant process with skill and precision, saving you precious time and ensuring successful treatment.
That said, getting dental implants is a process that takes multiple appointments over the course of a few months. However, their reliability, longevity, and other benefits ensure they’re worth the wait. Each patient’s treatment differs slightly, but here are the four basic steps you can expect:
- Initial dental implant consultation – Dr. Camenzuli develops your personalized treatment plan.
- Dental implant surgery – Implants are placed at precise locations in your jaw.
- Dental implant osseointegration/abutment – After your implants have finished gradually merging with your jawbone, we place metal connectors called abutments.
- Delivery of dental implant restorations – Your custom crown, bridge, or denture is placed atop your abutments.
Benefits of Dental Implants
When comparing tooth replacement methods, dental implants are leaps and bounds ahead of dental bridges and dentures. Because they function almost exactly like real teeth, they’re able to deliver all kinds of advantages that traditional solutions simply cannot. It’s no wonder why more than three million Americans currently have dental implants, with hundreds of thousands more being placed each year. Continue reading to learn how the numerous benefits of dental implants in Uptown New Orleans can change your life!
- Versatility – Dental implants can bring back any number of missing teeth, from a single tiny gap to an entire mouthful. Plus, if you’ve lost a large number of teeth, you don’t have to replace each individual tooth with an implant; just two posts can support a bridge or partial denture and four to eight posts can secure a full denture.
- Confidence boost – While dentures are notorious for looking unnatural or slipping out of place, you can trust that your dental implants won’t shift once they’re embedded in your jaw. You’ll be able to feel completely confident in your smile whether you’re eating, laughing, or talking.
- Easy maintenance – Bridges and dentures require changing up your oral hygiene routine and purchasing new products, such as interdental brushes. By contrast, dental implants are easy to care for – just brush and floss them like regular teeth, and visit your implant dentist in Uptown New Orleans twice a year for checkups!
- Jawbone preservation – Dental implants are the only tooth replacement that stimulates the jawbone just like real teeth do. This prevents the jawbone deterioration that often occurs after tooth loss, which can increase the risk of oral health problems like gum disease and the loss of additional teeth.
- Prevention of certain health problems – Tooth loss has been linked to several other health issues, including heart disease, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s disease. Since dental implants act just like natural teeth, it’s reasonable to assume that they reduce such risks.
- Healthy diet – With dental implants, you can chew all kinds of healthy foods, including tough meats and fresh fruits and vegetables. As a result, it’s easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- High success rate – Even after 20+ years, about 95% of dental implant patients are still enjoying their new pearly whites to the fullest.
- Younger appearance – The fact that dental implants stimulate the jawbone benefits more than just your health. If jawbone loss occurs, your facial muscles lose support, making you appear wrinkled and older. Dental implants help you maintain a youthful glow for years to come!
- Cost-effective solution – Although they cost more initially than traditional solutions, dental implants in Uptown New Orleans can actually save you money in the long run. Dentures and bridges must be replaced every few years, while implants are a one-time investment that can last for life!
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Most patients qualify for dental implants. Basically, you need to be in good oral health and have a jawbone with enough density to grow and surround the implant. During your consultation, Dr. Camenzuli can evaluate your mouth to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
Missing One Tooth
A single lost tooth can be replaced by one dental implant. The titanium post is surgically inserted into the jawbone, and then an abutment and dental crown are later attached. Unlike a dental bridge, which anchors to the surrounding teeth, the dental implant doesn’t negatively impact the teeth around it.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Depending on how many teeth need to be replaced and their location within the arch, we can secure a bridge or partial denture onto dental implants. Traditionally, these restorations rely on the remaining teeth for stability, but we can attach your bridge or partial denture to just a couple of implants, giving you far more security.
Missing All of Your Teeth
Even if you’ve lost every tooth in an arch, you can benefit from dental implants. Using just four to six strategically placed posts, we can keep full dentures in place and allow you to bite and chew just as confidently as you did before tooth loss.Learn More About Implant Dentures
Although dental implants traditionally involve a healing period of several months in between placing the posts and attaching the abutment and restoration, you may not have the time to wait for your restored smile. We can customize your treatment with All-on-4/Teeth-in-a-Day, which takes advantage of the strongest part of your jaw, to give you your replacement teeth right away.Learn More About All-on-4
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
At first glance, the cost of dental implants in Uptown New Orleans is clearly more expensive than traditional dentures or bridges. However, upon closer inspection, you’ll see that dental implants are actually the smarter financial choice. Traditional bridges and dentures need to be adjusted and replaced about every five to seven years, but implants can last for over 30 years. The cost of these replacements adds up, surpassing the initial cost of implants. Basically, you can consider your dental implants a long-term investment in your smile.
At your consultation, we’ll evaluate your mouth and review your treatment options. Your implant treatment plan will be unique to you, adjusting according to the number of implants, the type of restoration, and the location of the implants. These factors will impact the associated cost. Our team offers several financial options to make dental implants more easily fit within your budget, and we will happily explain them to you during this initial visit.
Preliminary Treatments & Dental Implant Surgery
If during your initial consultation a member of our team recommends preliminary treatment to create a more structurally sound and healthy environment for your implants, you can expect these procedures to add to the overall cost of your treatment. Bone grafts, tooth extractions, and periodontal therapy may be necessary.
But even if you do not require preliminary treatments before receiving dental implants, the actual surgical procedure will incur its own fee. Fortunately, the entire implant placement process is performed in-house, which means you will not need to pay an outside specialist to have your dental implants in Uptown New Orleans put into place.
The Parts of Your Dental Implant
Another component to consider when formulating your cost estimate is the parts of your dental implant. These can be broken down into different categories, including:
- How many implants you will need – This can range from only one implant post to between 4 and 8. While replacing one missing tooth is significantly cheaper than an entire arch of teeth, you will find an implant denture to be more cost-effective than traditional dentures.
- Your restoration – Whether you require a crown, bridge, partial, or full implant denture, your restoration will be created by lab technicians to replicate the color, size, and shape of your tooth.
- The size of your implant and its material – Most implants are made out of titanium or zirconia, both of which have differing costs. Also, depending on the location of your missing tooth, you may need a dental implant that is shorter so it will fuse with your jawbone.
- Brand of the implant – Dental implants are similar to cars in that there are different brands and manufacturers. At Camenzuli Dental Excellence, we will go over the type of implants we use, so you understand that the highest quality will lend far greater results.
Our team believes in transparency and honesty, which is why you should never be afraid to ask questions about your dental implant placement. We will happily discuss the reason for a particular cost so you can be free to make the right decision for your oral health needs.
How Dental Implants Can Save You Money
It is true that the upfront costs associated with dental implants are much higher than fixed bridges or dentures; however, when you begin to compare the costs accrued over time, you will find them to be much more cost-effective. This is possible because:
- You will not need to pay for regular adjustments or replacements every 5-10 years as you would with traditional tooth replacement options
- You will not need to pay for specialized cleaning products to maintain your prosthetics
- You will not need to buy dental adhesives to keep your implants in place
With dental implants, your teeth will not wear down as they do with fixed bridges and dentures, and you are free to eat the foods you love. Not to mention, the cleaning process is significantly easier to maintain and effectively reduces your risk for tooth decay, gum disease, and jawbone deterioration.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
If you’re hoping your dental insurance company will pay for your implants, you may be disappointed to learn that this will most likely not be the case. Although some are coming around to the idea, most continue to treat implants as a “want” and not a “need.” When discussing payment with your implant dentist in Uptown New Orleans, you will find that our team will go above and beyond to help lower your expenses as much as possible no matter how your insurance company chooses to handle your dental implants.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
If you are looking for alternative ways to pay for your dental implant procedure, you’ll be pleased to learn there are two solutions that can lower your costs and make receiving a new smile more affordable:
- Our in-house membership plan: Paying a low, flat annual fee, you can receive basic dental services as well as discounts on various restorative and cosmetic procedures.
- CareCredit or Greensky: By enrolling in a low or no interest payment plan through one of these third-party companies, you can lower your out-of-pocket expenses by breaking up the cost of your care into manageable monthly payments.
Our team is here to help you navigate the financial side of dental implant placement. If you are unsure how to go about paying for your treatment and need assistance, contact us today to schedule an appointment and let us help you take the next step.
Dental Implant FAQs
Are you considering dental implants in Uptown New Orleans? If so, you probably have a few questions. Below you’ll find a list of some of the most commonly asked questions Dr. Robert Camenzuli and his team get about this modern tooth replacement option. Read on to find out more!
How Are Dental Implants Cared For?
Unlike natural teeth, dental implants aren’t susceptible to tooth decay or cavities. However, they still need to be cared for. Keeping the surrounding gum tissue free of plaque and bacteria is essential for keeping your dental implant in place for decades to come. Thankfully, you can care for it as easily as you do the rest of your smile! A simple yet effective routine of brushing your teeth for two minutes twice a day, flossing daily, and using mouthwash regularly is all that’s needed to take care of your newly rebuilt smile.
Will I Have to See a Specialist to Have My Dental Implants Placed?
At Camenzuli Dental Excellence, we are proud to offer start to finish convenience for dental implants. Unlike other Uptown New Orleans dentists who need to refer their patients to a specialist, Dr. Robert Camenzuli can perform every step of the dental implant process right here in his practice. As a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, he’s restored countless smiles with dental implants over the years. He’ll be with you through the consultation, placement, and restoration to personally ensure your procedure goes as smoothly as possible.
How Long Will It Take for My Dental Implants to Heal?
After placement, a dental implant undergoes a process called osseointegration. This is where the titanium post that’s been placed into your jaw will fuse with the surrounding bone tissue to form a rock-solid foundation. Depending on factors like your health, age, and number of dental implants, this may take six to eight months. However, you may not have to wait for your new smile if you’re a candidate for All-on-4/Teeth-in-a-Day treatment! These procedures rely on the strongest part of your jaw and allow you to enjoy your new teeth as soon as you walk out of your appointment!
Will My Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Unfortunately, most dental insurances will not cover dental implants. However, we’re dedicated to making complete, functional, and healthy smiles an achievable goal for everyone. That’s why we offer dental financing to help break up the cost of your treatment into smaller, more manageable payments with low- or even no-interest. We offer financing options through CareCredit and the Wells Fargo Health Advantage® Card. Our highly experienced and friendly team can walk you through the application process for either and answer any questions you may have.
Do you have more questions about rebuilding your smile with dental implants? Feel free to reach out to us with your inquiries and we’ll be happy to help!