Dear Valued Patients:
We hope this letter finds you in good health and good spirits. Our thoughts are with all of those who may have suffered during these past few weeks. As our nation and community starts to heal from the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize many businesses in our community will be opening their doors again. As your health advocate and ally, we want to take a moment to share a few updates with you.
This past month, we have remained open as an essential business for urgent care and dental emergencies but limited our treatment options for regular cleanings and dental care. We did this to ensure that every physician and nurse had the need surplus of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to treat COVID-19 patients.
It has been an honor to support our fellow healthcare workers who were on the frontline of this battle in this small way. As things have now begun to level out, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and we can deliver full services and treatments for our patients without diminishing any equipment or supplies needed for the continued treatment of COVID-19.
Your safety and health have always been our greatest priority. Universal precautions have been expanded with added measures to continue to provide a thoroughly clean environment. Our team is proud to follow all ADA, CDC, and other reputable guidelines in our practice, making our business clean and safe our patients. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. The State of Louisiana Department of Health now allows us to provide essential dentistry that will prevent dental decay, sensitivity, or a need for more complicated treatment.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Your temperature will be screened as well.
- You will be asked to text or call us upon arrival, and we will notify you by text or phone call when we are able to receive you.
- We will ask you to enter the restroom and wash your hands when you enter the office. You will also find some sanitizer in place throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We know that dental health is essential to protecting your overall health. So, we look forward to the opportunity to resume our regular treatments for you and the community of Uptown, New Orleans. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the additional measures taken to make your visit safe and enjoyable. We are grateful for your continued trust and support in us—your dental health providers, fellow community members and friends.
Cleaning Appointments are available as soon as Monday May 11, 2020. To make an appointment, please call or text our office at (504)895-3400 or Book online on our booking portal at https://bit.ly/2QTo5tY.
Please follow us online at
On Instagram @CamenzuliDentalExcellence https://www.instagram.com/camenzulidentalexcellence/
On Twitter @CamenzulDental https://twitter.com/CamenzuliDental
Our Google business presence will be consistently updated https://g.page/CamenzuliDentalExcellence?gm
See your smiles soon,
Dr. Robert Camenzuli and your trusted team at Camenzuli Dental Excellence